Hey Mom - -
Okay the pictures I sent are all in Dropbox. It's waaay easier to put them there, they upload like instantly. You can download from there, and share them. There are a bunch of pictures from Christmas there. Plus a video, the video is crazy!
|At the Nativity|
|The Alligator - - - Elder Akina'a Mom is asking, why do you have to stand so close? Run!|
- It is very different than what I am use to. We catch taxi's every where - - not as much walking. I miss the streets and teaching, but the office is a great experience.
- A lot of responsibility keeping paper work straight with Visa's etc . . .
- My companion is Elder Johnson, he is from Nebraska, his family moved to Dallas while he's been out on the mission. He goes home in a week or so.
- I have to tell missionaries NO when they ask for stuff, like new phones. I am the hammer!
- I provide a lot of translation support for our office as we communicate with church HQ and parents in the U.S. I have really taken the time to learn the language as a native speaker. I love speaking with the people. When they think I am Brazilian I feel like I have forged that bridge of trust - - I want them to know I care enough to speak as they do. When they ask me to speak English to prove I am American I fail! It's pretty funny!
- I will travel the mission with the President in January - - my power point and portion of the training is complete and ready to go!
- Our apartment is a 10 minute walk from the office.
- We typically proselyte from 6 - 9 p.m. everyday, some days we get tied up in the office and don't make it.
- There is a really nice market, Carrefore Market - - it has everything I need.
- We Hoop every Monday, Elder Johnson and I are known as the guys in the white shirts. They play us by fouling - - trying to beat us. Have not lost a game yet. Oh - - I gave my Kobe's away. They aren't important or part of the spirit of the mission.
Where did you spend Christmas:
- We ate Christmas eve dinner at the mission home. It was awesome - - really good food. I made that custard desert!
- The Canuto's loved their jerseys.
Did you get your Christmas Boxes?
- Got your's mom and dad, Aunty Tiare, lots of Christmas cards and M & M's from Aunty Debby. I had to pay to pick up the M & M's but not the boxes, go figure!
- I love the Christmas Garland! The letters each day were awesome - - thank you to the family members who wrote to me!
- I got letters from the seminary class, please tell them thank you! Seminary is at night here.
- We are on break for the holidays, we resume on January 6th.
- I love teaching English, we average 30 to 35 people a class.
- I use post it notes to play games with them - - this invites interaction as they talk to each other.
- I keep in touch with Elder Romney and Elder Hatch. Elder Kendrick emails me too.
- He asked about Elder Stuart in Russia, Elder Stuart in Spain, Elder Slade in Angola, Elder Kendrick in Nicaragua and his Spanish, Elder Nelson in Sweden and Elder Gilbert in Alabama.
- I get lots of emails, tries to respond even if it is a short hello!
|Elder Akina in Brazil and Elder Hee in Washington state - - -skyping! |
|Love this kid!|
|Ohana chatting with our Elder!|