Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, October 19, 2015

Week #53 Transfers Elder Becker

Haaazit,
     This transfer has come to a close, my companion Elder Andrade is leaving :/  He's going to Botucatu, I'm staying here in Guanabara.  I have a new companion, Elder Becker - - I know he has an American name, but he's from Brasil.
     This past week was super sweet!  We had the baptism of Fernando, it was awesome.  The baptism was Saturday afternoon, it was amazing to see his progress!  He has stopped smoking - -  permanently!  He doesn't even feel the urge to pick up a cigarrete anymore.  Such a blessing to come a cross people that really want to make a change in their life for the better.  We have 2 baptisms marked for the 31 of October that's a Saturday, and if I'm not mistaken Halloween.  So we're gunna dye the baptism font water red like blood, you know for Halloween!   We have a possible baptism for this Sunday too, Anicole, she's been to church twice and has accepted baptism.  The trick is finding her at home, she's always at school or at her dada house, but well see.  We haven't drained the baptismal font for three weeks- - we left the water again this week and well leave it again next week, #dontdrainthefont!  Baptism is the best thing that there is on the mission - - there is no better feeling then sitting in that baptismal service and reflecting on that persons progress.  Realizing the way their life will change from that day forward - - one of the most craziest feelings ever! 
    This past week we had daylight savings time and our cell phone doesn't move like automatically.  So we showed up to church 45 minutes into the first meeting!  It funny, on the bus ride to church I told Andrade,  "Dude I feel like I got more sleep then usual - -  it feels nice"!  Lol!
     Everyone thinks that I'm not American cuz I'm not white.  So I have to tell them my family is from Hawaii and brown people exist in the United States, if not everyone thinks I'm from Brazil.
     Excited for this transfer. Love you guys  - - will keep working hard.  Elder Akina
Multi-Zona October 15, 2015
Elder Aceituno for Honduras - - he has an amazing conversion story. 
He was in the CTM with me - - very fitting we hit our one year mark together. 
I call him "Vato Loco"!
 
Hump Day tradition, we burned a white shirt!
Fernando's baptism - - he is amazing!

The gifts we made for Adriele and Bianca, photos with their families at their baptisms.  They loved them!