Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week #57 Meet Felipe

Hazzit Everybody,
      This week was super good.  We had Felipe's baptism yesterday in the evening and his family came with him!  They were at church too and they have accepted baptism!  They're a super good family - - really good people.  
Felipe's Baptism November 15, 2015
     It has been so hot this week, when I got in the baptismal font I wanted to just stay inside like forever!  
     This past week there was a bunch of food trucks in town.  It was this festival, there were sushi trucks and there was a food truck from Australia - -  so i ate there.  I figured it was the closet country to Hawaii - - so I closed my eyes and tried to imagine it was local food.  It didn't work!  
     Me and Elder Becker started this puzzle of 2000 pieces last p day.  We hope to finish it today. This week will be good, we have some solid investigators to be taught.  It's just they live really far, so you gotta plan good.  If you don't you waste a lot of time and money.  
     We had interviews with President Canuto.  The Assistants gave a training and  pretty much destroying everybody.  Our mission just isn't baptizing, a lot of disobedience going on. We're just going to keep doing our thing over here and try to contribute. I did get mail at the meetings, Aunty Tiare's Halloween box with the mochi crunch and dried fruit!  It was the bomb!  For Christmas if you could send the ingredients for Pumpkin cookies like you did last year, there are two families I can bake with over the holiday.  That would be awesome!
     My companion and I are good.  We are very different, but we work well together.  He doesn't anything green, no fruit or vegetables, no juice.  It's the funniest thing ever watching him making his plate at lunch.  If the rice has onions or corn or something in it, he literally will stay in the pot with spoon separating all the rice out just to not get a vegetable on his plate. I just laugh.  
     Heard what happened in Paris.  We were on the street and we passed a bar, this group of guys called us over.  So we went over and one of the guys asked us, "if God is real why does he let this happen?"  He pointed to the TV.  I saw 128 dead and 200 wounded in a terrorist attack.  I didn't even know what had happened.  When I first saw it,  I thought it was in the States, then I saw Paris.  It was weird because I had studied 2 Nefi: 2 that same day. So I shared with them those 2 verses, that talks about - -  if there were no evil we wouldn't know the difference from good and bad.  They liked it.  Man there's some crazy stuff happening in the world.  
     It's pretty much rice and beans everyday.  One of my favorite things here is Pumpkin Abóbora, they bake it and cook it with green onion.  It's super good.  

pudim, é isso aí, quem quer comer?
This week I learned how to make Pudim, it's a dessert here, I made it yesterday night (love his English!) and turned out pretty good. 
     I'll send a pic of it right now. I love you guys, tchau Elder Akina