Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Week #61 Reports - - Reports!

Hi Mom,
     Piracicaba is dope!  It's a lot different than what I'm used to.   Ha - - ha I'm accustomed to a bunch of tiny neighborhoods spaced out and smaller houses.  Here it's buildings all over, traffic, cars and huge houses.  Being in the office is weird because we don't get to know our members as well as I would in my last areas.  No one even knows my name in the ward because the only time we only see anyone is Sunday for church.  
     For lunch we order Marmitex, I guess you could call it like a Brazilian plate lunch.  Its' pretty good, but we eat it everyday - - so it gets kinda old.  I guess I am grateful to be eating!   Some days they have chef specials where he mixes it up a little bit.  
     My English class is so AMAZING!  I love those guys, the cool part is they are all non-members.  I say prayers with them in English and a bunch of stuff.  This is the biggest class I have ever taught.  In my last areas there would be about 8-15 attending, this one has about 30-35 people, so it's a good time.  Lol - -  no one wants to leave when the class is done.
Ingles Class
     These past couple of weeks I've been looking for stuff to send you guys for Christmas, but like I can't find anything.  It's all a bunch of normal overpriced stores here in the city.  I am  going to  look again today. 
     This week was spent making these reports for President, and all of the Stake Presidents in our mission.  Key indicators for each area in each stake.  We renewed some protocols, got a hold of all the parents of missionaries going home this transfer, passed their itineraries out and all that good stuff.  We speak a lot of English here in the office - -  calling families, calling Salt Lake City, or other Mission Presidents.   I do a lot of translating.
     I got the mail you sent for my old companions,  you don't have to put President's name, I'm the one who gets it all! Super sick  - - because I used to have to wait for a Multizona or  transfers, but now I get it right when it gets here. Working in the office does have it's perks!  Oh yeah, did you know the dates are different here, you put the day first then the month.  It confuses me so hard sometimes!
     I will be traveling with President in January, he will being giving training's in all of our zones in the mission.  I have 15 minutes to present my portion of the training. I'm  starting  this week on my Power Point.  I'm  touching on Baptismal Forms, but most of it will be on cell phones.  Misuse of cellphones! 
      Are you excited for Keapo's wedding?   You need to take a bunch of pictures for me! 
     I have no idea where we are going to be calling from Christmas day.  Excited to talk to you in a few weeks!  
     Love you guys, going to make this good week!  Elder Akina