Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week #60 1st Week in the Office

Hazzit going Everybody!
     This week has been suuuper crazy!   I am in the mission office now, I am the Executive Secretary. I am learning a lot in a little amount of time.  I am super nervous - - ha ha!  
Elder Akina working the office!
     There is a lot that the Exec. Sec. does.  Now I´m the one who goes and gets boxes for people and I do all the paper work. Tuesday was super crazy, it was transfers. I stayed in the bus station, in Piracicaba, pretty much everyone that gets transferred has to stop through that bus station.  So I gave them their bus passes that we buy ahead of time for each missionary going to that specific place.  That gets really confusing. I had a 2 Sisters miss their buses and 1 started to cry (Sisters are very emotional).  I have to make sure that all the missionaries take their boxes and letters for their zones.  So if there are just 3 people from one zone passing by the bus station, those 3 people are responsible for taking all their mail for their zone.  But the problem is that some missionaries don't like to take mail unless it's theirs.  So you really gotta pay attention to make sure the missionaries are taking their stuff for their zone. 
This is just half the mail at the office right now.
We get crazy amounts of mail around Christmas time!
     I ate at President's house on Tuesday.  This coming transfer I will be giving a training for all the new missionaries that are getting here.  At this past training we had a Sister that just got here from Anchorage, Alaska - - so I translated for her.  
     The part I'm worried about the most is the computer stuff, we use a lot of EXCEL and I'm still learning how to use it.  I'm also in charge of the phones - -  so I'm the one that burns people when they have a call longer then ten minutes or outside the curfew.  Plane tickets that's me, Visas protocols passports, mail, baptism forms, ordering materials - - that's me too! 
     We talk with a lot with people from the States. We had to call Elder Tarver who already went home, he's in Montana.  We needed his help because he was the only one that new how to use this program.  So Elder Johnson was talking to his mom and then all of a sudden she said, "How is Elder Akina liking the office?".  Elder Johnson was like,"How does Tarver´s mom know that you're in the office?" She said it's because she keeps up with my blog - - lol!  So here's a shout-out to Tarver´s mom if shes reading this in Montana. 
Elder Johnson, my companion and Elder Larenchi, we were together in Aracy.
     I'm in the office all day on a computer and a phone.  We usually leave around 5 to go proselyting, but we're seriously so busy this week we didn't have a lot of time.  I already miss the mission field.  I miss teaching, I miss being on the street - - but I am excited to be here with the staff, President Canuto and the AP´s. 
     We attend the Piracicaba Centro ward and look up the mission office on google maps or Earth so you can see what it looks like. OH YEAAH, we have AC!!  It's so weird being in a room with AC, like I freaked out.  I don't eat lunch in members homes anymore, we eat in the office - - marmita everyday.  The cool part is if you eat fast you can squeeze in a nap.
Proud Mother moment - - wake up!
     I have a ton to learn and I'm super excited.  Oh Yeah, Leonardo did not get baptized last week, he has a date set for the 12 of December, so this coming week.  I will have Becker send pics of the baptism.  
     I got all 3 of my Christmas boxes.  I am enjoying the peanut butter and will save the rest for Christmas day.  Still waiting on the last package with my previous companion gifts.
Kitchen in the mission office.
     I heard about the shooting in San Bernadino, super sad. President Canuto is super cool, I never really spent much time around him in my mission.  I'm learning how he likes things done.  Hey Keapo's wedding is coming up soon right? Bummer to miss that!
      If there's one thing I've learned this past week, it's that the church is ORGANIZED man, there is place and person for everything! It's ridiculous!


Reception at the office
Reception at the office
More desks



I love you more.  Getting ready for another busy week - - lots to do!  Elder Akina