Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Week #84 Famous Ties!

Haaazzit,
     Sorry I haven't written a full letter in awhile, it's been super busy!  I will start writing again pode deixar.  So - - we had Elder Holland speak to us in Campinas together with the Campinas mission!  He said some things that our mission was really needing and that was specifically for us - - I think that's why it was so cool.  I saw a lot of friends from the MTC that I hadn't seen in a year and half and all the Brazilians couldn't beleive that it was me! They didn't believe it was me talking - - lol!  In the CTM I couldn't say anything and this time we were talking about everything.  They thought I had a Brasilian spirit in my body that was talking for me - - lol.  It was so cool to see all those guys again.  The Assistant's and I all went with the ties you sent.  Everyone was all like, "Dude hook it up with one!"  So these ties are pretty famous now.  President was at the seminar for Mission Presidents all week in São Paulo.
The famous ties!
     I renewed 2 visas this week and because my Bishop is Polica Federal he hooked it up bigtime this week!  Typically you have to schedule your visit, but he knows all the guys so I can show up when I want and he tells all the guys that we're up next.  It saves so much time.     
     We have two potential baptisms this month.  They have already been to church 1 time and they coming this Sunday so their going in the water this coming Saturday. Their names are Neli and Ana, they are Mom and daughter.  We found them knocking doors one night. It has been an incredible experience teaching them.  They have so much faith and they are willing to CHANGE, which not a lot of people are willing to do these days.  So when we find people like this we know they were prepared for us before we even knocked on their door.   Ana is 17 (the daughter) and she is struggling with depression,  the mom says the only time she comes out of her room is when the missionaries are there (us).  Her mom told us that we are giving her something she has been trying to give to her daughter for years, and that's Hope.  When she told us that, it really was a testimony to me that the Restored Gospel is the cure to even the most damaged spirits.  I have no doubt that the Gospel is able to do that because it is centered on our Savior, who has felt, and experienced everything so He could be our example in everything.  It's people like them that keep me going every day man. 
    I'm about to put some pictures up.  Love you guys - - have a good week.
   Tchau.  Elder Akina 
*A shout out to Aunty Pua for the Poly print ties!  Mahalo!