Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Week 2 in CTM

Hazzit!!  We just got back from the Sau Paulo temple.  It's a lot smaller then the one in Campinas but still super awesome.

This week was crazy, it feels like my brain is going to explode!  We have 3 hours of language instruction in the morning, then like teaching investigators. TRC (where we teach in these rooms with instructors who help us with what we could've said and how to say it and stuff.)  After that we get 3 more hours of language, then more preach my gospel classes.  We got this new Elder in our district Elder Jensen, he's awesome, so I'm not in a tripanionship anymore.  My companion is Elder Welch.

Yeah, i exercise everyday, we play volleyball against these Brazilians everyday and it gets intense.  The sister in our district, Sister Ostler played in high school and she like a beast setter.   I get ripped a new one by our physical instructor like daily because you're not allowed to hit, like they just want you to bump it over the net.   I tell myself to stop but then i just get these perfect sets on my left side so I kill it.  2 days ago I hit an Elder in the face with one and his glasses fell off and I got like this lecture about this is why we don't keep score and don't hit and stuff. (Hopefully we learn to be a bit more obedient!  Written by Elder Akina's Mom!)

Today we're going with another district to eat at a Churrascuria (sorry the spelling is a rough matter right now) that meat place where you just like eat until you die in your chair.  So I'm pretty pumped to the max about that.

Oh yeah, mom please do the Cheineys cookies thing, that would be awesome if you could. The guys is a member and he hooks it up with missionaries.  Did you send mail through there? Oh, I use my card some places so don't freak out when there's Brazil transactions or whatevs cuz its me.

We had an area 70 come speak to us at devotional but it was in Portuguese. Starting to follow some of it!  I'm kinda ready to leave the MTC,  the days are long, but I know I just gotta learn as much as possible.

I love you guys so much!  Tell the dogs whatsup for me.
Tchau