Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, December 8, 2014

Week #8 Mango Poop & The Box

Hazzit Minha Familia!!

     All is well here in Portal Bordon, Brazil, working hard.
 
     Mom the $118 dollar thing was to pick up my box!!!!  Thanks heaps.  After 6 buses and 2 days I finally got it.  Everyone in my district was dying to see what was inside because they knew I'd gone through outer darkness to get it.  Thanks.  
 
     I haven't gotten a notice that my Christmas one is here yet.  I will probably have to wait 'til the 18th, that's when we have this Christmas thing down in Piracicaba and where all the mail goes.  Yeah I'd say keep sending everything to the mission address because our specific address where I'm at is super sketchy with mail, plus we live on the back of a house in like this favela area and don't have like a mail box or like a front area to put it you know. So, yeah probs best to keep on doing it like this.  Whenever you send a package it has to be under 50 dollars or I will have to pay. 
 
     This week has been good, we've been teaching a bunch of people, the same lesson over and over ha - - ha!  The first one, the Resturation, this is the first time all these people have been taught.   It's nice because we will say "we are missionaries of LDS church blah - - blah, some refer to us as "Mormons" and they have never heard of us before.  So it's nice because they don't have this thought already in their head like,  "Oh you guys... yeah goodbye!"  Ha Ha, so that's pretty cool.
 
     This week my companion and I discovered a mango tree in like this field area right next to our house, so we have just been pounding the mangos!  Our bathroom literally smelt like mangos cuz they just go right through - - you know. 
 
     The tan lines are getting real too.  I have one from like my collar and my watch, I haven't gotten the one down the middle from the tie yet, but we will see. 
 
    Oh yeah - - mom I need daddy kirks address.  Also, send pictures I have gotten only one  - - what's up with that!?  Ha- - ha.  This week was pretty normal, just walking until you die. 
 
     Oh yeah, I had my first dream in Portuguese!  It wasn't fully in Portuguese, like I was in a classroom and everyone was speaking English and everything.  The teacher called on me and I answered in Portuguese. Ha - -ha it woke me up too, I was all excited!  The full Portuguese ones will come soon, I hope.  
 
     My companion loves the shoe shining kit!  Can you print more photos for my album?  Oh Mom, if you didn't send it in the Christmas box, can you hook it up with Chapstick please?
 
     That pretty much it for this week.  Love you lots if you see this right now, I'll be on for a little bit more.  Thanks for everything mom you're the bestest.
 
 
Tchau love you guys lots.