Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, December 15, 2014

Week #9 "Ele e o presente" He is the Gift

Hazzit minha familia!
 
    Yes, I remebered that I have an umbrella, but it gets to the point where it doesn´t even do anything cuz the wind blows super hard and the rain is so heavy it like doesn't make much of a difference ha ha.  But yeah, it rained super hard this week.  We didn't have water for 3 days - -  it sucked, we had to fill buckets up and carry them back to our place.  It all worked out.
    I'm about an hour and half away from the mission home, and it doesn't surprise me you can't find it on a map!  Ha - - ha it's kinda in the middle of no where!   We grocery shop at this little store that's probably about as big as a Circle K.  It's kinda hard cuz it literally has like nothing, so we rely super heavily on the members lunch.   Like if they cancel or something it like ruins our day cuz we hardly have anything at our place to eat.  I never thought I'd say this in my life - - but I actually miss Wal-mart!  We have a washing machine to do our wash but we don't have water still,  so we did our laundry by hand this week. 
 
     One of the other missionaries in the other companionship that got sent here with us is having a rough time, his name is Elder *@#%$, we were in the CTM together so we got here at the same time.  He's ready to go home, like he hates it here.  The President won't transfer him though, which is good. He needs to learn. This is a pretty hard area to start off in, so please pray for him.
 
     We have are big Christmas thing in Piracicaba, we leave here at 6 in the morning.  It's like an all day thing, so if the package got here I should get it tomorrow.  Oh and yes, we have been sharing the "He's the gift" thing, here its called "ele e o presente" and yeah we love sharing it with our investigators.
 
     Oh yeah, Mom I need you to send like recipies to me, like basic ones - -  but like that still taste good you know. Oh and do you wash ground beef?  My companion and I argued about this the other day for like 20 minutes, in the end we did it my way and didn't wash it but I'm still not sure ha - - ha!  So yeah please answer that.
 
     But any who,  we're still working hard.  We have like 3 investigators that are really progressing so were pretty stoaked about that.  That's pretty much it for this week,  I'll attach some pics right now.
 
Love you lots. tchau.
Elder Akina
 

 

 
 
 
 Caleb and Braxton preparing for their
UGLY Christmas Sweater party.
Sent this photo to Elder Akina, "Ahh, Sa-weet!  I miss those dudes!"
Investigator owns this chicken farm. 
 Much to Elder Akina's sisters heart ache, there are lots of stray dogs.
 "Soccer, it's the sport here - - basketball doesn't exist.  70 year old men still ball here!"
Neighbor - - he roams the streets!