Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, January 12, 2015

Week #13 Da Box & Mosquitos

Hey Mom,
     I got one box! It's not the Christmas box, that's the only one, Christmas one or from the other family not yet. I was so pumped when I saw the pics you sent - - thank you so much.
 
On the streets making it happen!
     Our zone meeting was good.  We do like role play situations like missionaries play the investigator and we figure out what they need and teach according to that.  Teaching the person, not the lesson, type thing  - - you know.
 
     This week was good, we got a baptism commitment!  Finallyy  - - ha ha.  We don't have a date cuz he wasn't sure when he was going to be in town.  We'll get one next lesson.  It's with Irmao Thomas, he's gone to church with us the past three Sundays and he likes everything about it.  Loving the people more and more each week. I used to think it was weird when missionaries would say, "No, I don't want to leave this area."  I'd be like, "Dude it's just an area"!  Ha - - ha, but I know what they mean now,  I love it.
 
     This week has been really hot ha - - ha, but we've been working hard.  I've been getting eaten alive by stupid mosquitos! I had like a nervous breakdown Thursday night - - like when we sleep that's when they just destroy you!   It was like 3 in the morning and I still hadn't fallen asleep cuz you fall asleep and then like start itching everywhere!  It's hard to keep them out of the house cuz our windows don't like shut like they're just like squares in the wall.   I grabbed my pillow and started wacking my bed like yelling aghhhhh!  I was so frustrated, when I was done I felt super stupid! Lol.
 
Many miles each day - - so worth it!
     Just getting ready for another week. Oh yeah,  Mom only my companion and I live in the same house like its just us two.  That's pretty much it for this week will send pics.
Love you lots. Tchau  Elder Akina

Caldo de Cana, is a sugar cane drink that is magic for the mouth!  I love it!