Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, January 5, 2015

Week #12: Transfers

Hey Mom,
 
     I have no idea about my boxes - -  if they're here I should get them Wednesday during Zone Conference.  I gave my zone leader the money already for the Christmas box.  It's really frusturating how the mail works out here. No I haven't gotten any snail mail, if it's here I'll get it all Wednesday.
 
     We are teaching a bunch of people.
%$#@*, she has drug probs - -  but she's gone a full week without doing anything so we're pretty excited for her.  %$#@*&, who we have commited to baptism - -  but he says he won't get baptized until he gets married.  Marcio - -  he's super cool.  Christain who was a refferal because she called a number on the LDS website because she wanted to learn more about Family History. 
 
                                                               Super cool people, I have ended up growing really close to them and have started seeing them not as the people that have drug problems or challenges keeping the commandments.  You start seeing them as who they can be become, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance.  This is our purpose as missionaries.
 
                        This week went by super fast, transfers were today.  I'm staying put in the same area with the same companion, which I was super stoked about!  We still work well together and get along super good.  The Honeymoon phase is over - - the reality of the work is hitting me.  The discussions are coming along good, the one we teach the most by far is Palavra de Sabadoria, the Word of Wisdom; I've got that one down pretty good. 
 
     The name of our ward is Portal Bordon, I forgot to take pics of the building I'll do that this week for you.  I got some pics to send right now, that pretty much it for this week.
 
Love you lots. Tchau. Elder Akina

 
Zone Picture @ Mission Christmas gathering.
Taken off Elder Collin's blog, thanks for sharing!
 
Zone Photo!  Thanks to Elder Collins!