Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, March 23, 2015

Week #23 Working Hard


Hey Mom - - how are you guys?!
 
     Sounds like ABQ was awesome.  Sorry to hear about Uncle Bobby - - he use to come watch me play hoop!  It's sad when we lose someone close to us.  The knowledge and comfort of the gospel makes it easier.  That's why we have MISSIONARIES - - to spread the word :) he he.
 
     As far as scripture reading - - I have not been reading a specific book.  I study out of PMG (Preach my Gospel) and I study the lessons - - like finding scriptures for them and stuff like that.  If you want, give me what you want to read and we could study that this week.
 
     I have bad news ... again... the baptism was canceled, we went to his house to go get him Saturday and he wasn't at his house he didn't answer his phone.  We went to get him Sunday morning and his mom came to the front to tell us he was sleeping.   I was like we just need to talk to him real quick. No joy!  Kind of depressing, we are super close with this kid!  We are going to try and close this transfer out with a baptism!  So please keep Felipe in your prayers - - that he can remember the confirmation he has already received and realize the importance of his baptism. 
 
     This week was good, it's still raining it hasn't stopped in like 2 weeks!  Plus I don't have my umbrella anymore :(  I had to give my good one away:/ I'll probably buy one today.  This lady was on the street, it was pouring and she had her 3 year old daughter with her.  I went up to her to give her the umbrella, she was like, "No I can't".  I told her, "You'll see us on the street another day, you can give it back to me."  idk if I'll see her again, so I will just get another one.
 
Love you so much Momma.  Your Elder