Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week #24 "Chicken Feet + Transfers"


Hey Mom!!
 
     Sorry I'm e-mailing kind of late, lunch ran a bit late today.  Transfers are tomorrow, I find out where I'm going tonight at 9p.m.  We receive this conference call with everyone in our zone - - it's pretty cool.  I am really hoping to train this transfer.  I'm really going to miss Elder Fernandez though - - I have learned so much from him!  That guy taught me how to teach, how to interact with members, knock doors, make contacts on the street, everything - - he was the man!  But yeah, I find out tonight where I'm going, who I'll be with or if I'm staying - - who knows, it's a mystery!  If I am transferred I will not be able to say good bye to anyone in this area.  They used to give transfers out to us Sunday night, so Monday we could say goodbye to members and investigators.  However, there were a bunch of missionaries that didn't work, they just chilled with the members all day, so now they give us the transfers Monday at night, so we will work all day Monday.
 

Zone 3

(TRANSFERS are when missionaries are moved within their mission boundaries.  They will have a new companion and do the same work they did in their last area with new people - - Elder Akina has been in the same place for 5 months)
    
     Yes I have a new umbrella :)  It has been raining like crazy here!
     I have no idea how General Conference works here.  I guess I'll find out this weekend. It's different in every area and since we opened this area  - - we don't know how it goes down.
     Felipe couldn't get baptized this week, again. He is ready and I am disappointed I may miss it with transfers pending.  The important thing is that it happens - - he is ready.
      We ate at a members house this week and we had chicken feet!  By far it was the hardest thing I've had to eat here.  The foot is cartalige so it's like eating an ear - - you have to suck the meat off so you can feel the nails of the foot in your mouth!  It was an experience.
    Oh, in Spanish do they call Relief Society - - Soc Soc? Cuz that's what they call it here! It's Sociadade de Socorro in Portuguese.  This lady came up to me and Said, "Where's Soc Soc?"  She repeated Soc Soc like 6 times and I had no idea what she was talking about.  Then I realized, Oh - - Relief Society - - ha ha!
     I get mail in 2 days - - so I'm pretty excited!   I hope Carlie's Valentines box is here!  I will let you know if the Primary's package arrives too. 
     Sorry I forgot to send pics last week and it's raining super hard right now - -  so i couldn't bring my camera.  I have some sweet pics from the last two weeks and of the chicken feet :) Sorry, I'll be sure to send pics next week.
 
Love you - - Your Elder