Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, April 6, 2015

Week #25 NOT Transfered!


Hazzit,
 
     Ha - - ha I stayed in Portal Bordon - -  with the same companion . . . everybody was super surprised!  Staying with the same companion in the same area for 4 is A LOT, ha - - ha! We're just going to continue to work.
 
The Dynamic Duo
     Yes, I got to watch conference - - we watched the first session Saturday in the house of one of our investigators, but his internet was suuuper slow so it like froze a lot.  It was kinda hard to understand, I didn't get to watch the second session.  I did watch the Priesthood session, which was sweet!  I did watch all of Sunday's sessions.
 
     I got Carlie's box and the Stuart's box, thank you so much!  They were sweet - - literally!  No Primary box, but thank you so much. I got all of your letters in Portuguese, ha - - ha I could understand them fine, because if you translate the Portuguese to English it makes sense, but my companion didn't understand some parts.  For example, there was this part you said, "this time has flown".  In Portuguese that doesn't make sense.  But - - translating it for me does because I know what your talking about!  Yeah, I loved everything - - thank you so much Mama!
 
     We took our Haitian investigators to conference and they got so stoked when they heard about the new temple in Haiti!  When that guy gave the talk and talked about Haiti, it was cool!
 
     Oh yeah, my companion got  this huge bump on his head this week!  We were on the bus and buses here aren't like ones back home - -  where there are a couple people sitting down.   These buses are packed and when you stand up you hold on to these bars or straps on the ceiling.  But - - like there were too many people in the bus and there wasn't any room for him to hold on!  So the bus was going and it slammed on it's brakes all of a sudden!  My companion and like 2 other people fell into the side of the bus and he hit his head!   We went to the Medico and he's fine!   He just has this huge bump!  
 
     Love you so much!  Sending pictures now.  Your Elder
(Last week was Elder Akina's 6 month mark - - where has the time gone?!)


Last weeks meal - - it was an experience! Nothing like fish and poi!
The nails off the chicken feet!