Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, April 13, 2015

Week #26 Prompting to Stop


Hazzit Mama,
 
     This week was alright.  We finally got Felipe's Mom to sign the baptismal form!!   Ha - - ha the crazy part is I was doing a division with one of the other Elders in our zone for the day.  Fernandez was in another area, Anyway we were heading home for the night.  I had this feeling that we neede to pass by Felipe's house, which wasn't in the plans for the day.  I told Elder Maxwell, "Hey man, lets pass by this house real quick!"  So we went by and the Mom came out to the front.  I had this prompting to just ask her if she could sign the paper.  I was thinking, "No I can't do that, she's going to say no, of course!"  Then I thought again - - we have literally tried everything to get this lady to sign this paper, just go for it dude!"  So she came up to the front and I asked her, "Irma, we came by real quick to see if you had a couple seconds to sign the paper for Felipe's baptism."  Ha - -ha,  she said, "I have 30 seconds, if this takes any longer than that I'm leaving!"  She finally signed the dang thing!!  It was sweet.  We marked Felipe's baptism for this past Saturday and this is where the bad news comes, it got canceled!   We are going to mark it for this coming Saturday--again.  His mom grounded him so he couldn't come with us for his baptism!  It's actually a good thing his baptism was cancelled, because it would've just been us 3 at the baptism! We're going to try to get his family to come.  Saturday baptisms are hard because the members have a hard time coming to church on a Saturday.   We shall not give up - - this is going to happen before I am transferred!
 
Working hard!
      Tell B-Payne (Brandon Payne)  I said what's up!  Dang - - he really  said he stayed in the same area for 9 months - - that's crazy!  What mission was he in? Oh, tell him the p-day de zonas got cancelled in all of Brazil cuz all of the fubecas.   In all of Brazil we can no longer get together for p day.  Like you know how in the states all the Elders get together to play basketball during the week - - we can't do that anymore.  Too much "mingling"!
 
Add caption
     The contents of Carlie's box and the goodies the Stuarts sent lasted 2 days!  Gone - - gone - - gone!  Yes, I am brushing my teeth!
 
Love you Mama - - sending pics right now.  Elder Akina 
 
It is beautiful here
 
Free to roam!
Look carefully, there is a pig in the water by the shoreline!