Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week #47 Transfered and Baked Clothes


Hazzit, 
     I got transfered to Guanabara Hortolândia.   I didn't want to leave Aracy, I could have stayed my whole mission there.  I loved the area, the people, I really am going to miss them.  I got to talk to my converts before I left, it was super hard saying goodbye to Maria Eduarda and Victor.  They both told us they were going to serve missions, super proud of them.   I left my suit in Aracy, I forgot it ;/  Its' still hanging up in the closet :/  I left one of my bags in the bus station and my yoga mat there too, I forgot a bunch of stuff.   Some other missionaries that are in my zone have them, I just don't know when I'm going to get them, or my suit.  
     The day I found out I was leaving I washed all my clothes but in the last load the power went out  - - so the wash was just sitting in the water and by the time the electricity turned  back on it was night time  - - so I new I was in deep Kim Chee because I was leaving the next morning - - at like 5 a.m.!   The clothes weren't going to be dry, so I ironed all of them when they came out of the dryer  - - but they were still super moist so - -  we fired up the oven and I baked my clothes!  Iit worked pretty good!  I got like 2 and a half hours of sleep. Then when I left I went up to Piracicaba, then to Hortolândia - - it was like 2 hours of bus time.  When I got here this huge storm hit, it was like a hurricane!  Like it blew over all of me and this other American's suit cases and it poured.  It was the strongest rain I have ever seen in my life!   The wind was super strong, the entire city's power went out.   When I finally made it to the house it was dark - - I couldn't see anything.   I  just fell on the bed and went to sleep from like 7:30 p.m. at night till 6:30 a.m. the next morning, most sleep I've gotten on the mission  - - ha ha.  
      My new companion is Elder Andrade, he is from Natal, Brasil.   He seems pretty cool, and our house is the nicest house I've been in here.  
     Yes I got your box!   The pants fit perfectly, thank you!   I use the jump rope everyday.  I gave one of the peanut butters away to a member, the other I still have.   Thank you I really like it.   I got the Pilimai letters from the reunion and the shirt from Dad.  I really liked them!  I loved Sedrick's letter,  I cracked up for 10 minutes straight!   I have A TON of pictures to send but my adapter is in the bag that I left in the bus station  - - soo I don't know how much time I have to wait to get it back.  I'll send as soon as I can.   I got all your letters and the one with the Snickers in the envelope - - loved them!  Please keep sending letters in the mail, I read them when I get home at night.
     Tell John that there are people in Alabama specifically for him - - he'll love it!  Braxton is so close to heading out!
     I am excited to learn my new area, yesterday was all one big wet blurrr - - will work hard this week.  Love you guys. Tchau  Your Elder
 
Elysses Baptism September 6, 2015 Cidade Aracy
Elysee é um dos refugiados do Haiti desde o desastre no ano de 2011. Encontramos ele no centro e ele disse que gostaria de conhecer a igreja. Durante o tempo que conversamos com ele,percebemos que ele era um eleito mas que teria dificuldade para entender a mensagem em Português,então demos um jeito para que ele pudesse aprender a mensagem principal em Francês. Elysse disse que por muitos anos procurou muitas igrejas mas nunca sentiu oque sentiu dentro da capela. Aceitou ser batizado desde o primeiro domingo que foi na igreja e cumpriu com todos os compromissos pois disse que sua vida precisava de uma restauração e que