Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Week #93 - - Transfers?

Heeeyy, 
     That's so cool that you guys are going to Carrie's wedding - - super pumped for her! Sorry I didn't write last week, it has been crazy busy here.  So last week we had Multi Zonas and my training that I gave was super cool!  We did this big prank where we told everybody the mission was getting iphones and we even had a fake release form and everything!  At the end they figured out it was just a joke, lol we laughed so hard, everyone got so excited for nothing.  Let's get excited about the work like we did for the phones!
     We bought my groups plane tickets to go home this past week.  Elder Welch (who was my companion in the CTM) is my Zone Leader now so when I have time we'll go to his area on splits or he'll come to mine.  Ha - - ha, like whenever I'm talking to him we literally trip out on how fast it went.  Like it feels like last month we were in the CTM trying to memorize the missionary purpose in Portuguese.  The days are going by fast, our mission is doing really good.  President and Sister Bangerter are being really well received by the missionaries and the members here.  They're super cool. 
     Next week we have 28 missionaries going home and 14 arriving, so our house is going to be really busy this week, missionaries coming in and out of Piracicaba. Our house is like the house for missionaries, so I should probably just kiss all of the food that's in our fridge goodbye already - - cuz nothing is safe when it comes to food and these monsters.! 
     We planned really well so everything should run pretty smooth.  Next week I will be back in the field full time!!  I'm stoked for the opportunity I'm going to get to have this last part of my mission to really dedicate to the people here in Brazil and to the Lord, both of which have done so much for me.  I pray for you guys always.  Have a good time up there in Utah and tell Carrie that I love her, tell her husband I said welcome to the Fam.  Tell Cameron to hit those dance moves for me at the wedding.  Love you guys. Falou. Elder Akina

*When asked if it he was sure his last transfer he stated, "No - - transfers take place this coming week.  I think I am being transferred as  I already am training Schmitz,  it makes sense that I will.  I'm not for sure yet though, but I'm hoping, I feel like my time in the office is up.  I've learned a bunch but I'm ready to get back out."  We shall wait and see with this weeks e-mail!  Fingers crossed!