Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, August 1, 2016

Week #94 Last Transfer - - heading out of the office!

Hey Mom,
     My prayers have been answered!!  I am getting transferred!  I got called as a District Leader - - I'm going to train too. I'm going to Poços de Caldas, Minas Gerais.  It's in a different state, outside of Sao Paulo.  It's soooo far away by bus - - like it will literally take me a full day to get there.  This area is new - - my companion and I will be opening it up.  We will be the farthest away and in the coldest region of the mission!   I'm super excited for this opportunity - - this last transfer we are gonna get after it!  My shoes are trashed - - we are hot gluing them today before I leave.  Don't worry about sending me anything before I come home - - I won't get it in time to use it!
     Our English class is having a going away party for me today. I have had 5 baptisms from this class - - these people are very close to me.  Saying good bye will not be easy.

     I love you all - - very excited for this new opportunity in front of me!  Love you - - Elder Akina

* Elder Akina wrote us a wonderful email about his interview with President Bangerter as he leaves his office assignment.  He has asked us not to post it as it is personal, we know you understand.  We want to thank you for your prayers - - Elder Akina has felt them as he served in the office with such a great responsibility on his shoulders.  Now off he goes to make a difference on the streets in a country he has grown to love and call home.
   
Pocos de Caldas, Minas Gerais, Brazil