Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, August 15, 2016

Week #96 Rewarding Week

Heeeyyy,
      So this week was really rewarding, we had new investigators at church.  We are teaching a bunch, talking with everyone and being obedient!!!   
     My companion Elder F. Silva is really improving his teaching skills.  He is starting to teach the investigators and not the lessons, which has been our goal these past weeks.  We focus on the person we are teaching - - ask them inspired questions to discover their needs - - discern from the Holy Ghost which direction we should take it;  then teach doctrine.  This is something that I can honestly say that takes practice!  Lots and lots of practice - -  but it really is the only way we can become Preach My gospel Missionaries. Teaching people the same way our Savior taught when He was here - -  Simply, Powerfully, and always by the spirit.  
     I love the people I teach.  All of the times that I have felt inadequate, like I didn't have what it took to make someone understand,  as if I wasn't good enough to teach something - -  I just think about them, and how God loves them.  For some reason whenever I have done that, it just always works out and Heavenly Father puts in my mind what His child needs to hear.  There are no words to describe what that is like, seeing someone who has felt alone his/her whole life and them coming to know that they have a Savior and a Father in Heaven who loves them.  
     This work is so real, and I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to play a role in it.    Love you guys Elder Akina
You know this is a real monkey, right?  There were about 20 of them and one tried to steal my camera!