Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week #34 FHE was a Hit!

Oi, 
     I got the Peanut Butter and Jelly Box - -  thank you!  It's almost all gone  - -ha ha!  We went through 4 loaves of bread this week - - the Brazilian Elders love it too.
     Yes the documents came in Saturday - -  they will get married this week Wednesday. Then we can baptize the couple - - very happy for them.  What a process!
      The General Authority is coming next week.  This is the last week of the transfer, I think my companion an I are both staying where we are.  We have a lot of very good work going on here - - we want to see it through. 
Our District.  Aunty Jess, look at Elder Akina's tie!
     The best part of the week was Wednesday, we had a family home evening at a member's house.  We brought a family that we are teaching of 5 - - they have 3 kids. At the FHE the member family all bore their testimonies, the spirit was super strong; our investigator family loved it!  They were not able to come to church yesterday because 2 of the kids are sick,  they are progressing.

     Oh yeah - -  we provided service this entire week. We are helping build a house, it's sweet! We will work there again this week!

Love you guys.  Elder Akina 


P.S. Hey Dad,
     That is super cool you're going up for Girls Camp.  It's super weird how like the Young Men's program here doesn't have Scouting.  It really makes me appreciate you guys supporting me in Scouts and paying for me to go do all that cool stuff!  Also the awesome leaders that I had.  Love you lots.

Building a home with a member