Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, June 15, 2015

Week #35 Transfers

Hey Mom, 
     We have transfers tomorrow, Elder Nunez is leaving :/  He's going to Piracicaba 2b. I'm getting a new companion,  Elder Rodriguez he's a newbie - - he just finished his training.
    
Elder Nunez - - been a great companion!
     Our family did not get married, they were out of town this whole week visiting family.   They are home now and I'm praying we can get them married.  *&%#@ has stopped smoking completley and theyre super ready to be baptized!  
      
     We have a new family we starting teaching, Davie and Jessica, - - they are super cool.  I met Davie at a members BBQ. I started to talk to him - - when he found out I was American he freaked out,! He was like, "Could you like come to my house and talk in English?" I was like, "Yeah dude,  I'll teach you English!"  So we went over Friday and Saturday - -  taught them a bunch of stuff.  They attended a baptism with us on Saturday.  During the baptism he was like, "Can I be baptized like that too?"  We were like well YAH!  Ha ha - -  that's kind of the point of you being here!  Super cool family - - we are going back tonight.
    
     The GA visit got moved to like 2 weeks from now.
    
     Yesterday like 20 minutes before Sacrament the 1st Counselor in our ward came up to me and said, "Elder Akina you know your the man, right?" I thought, "Oh he's assigning me to speak!"  Then he said, "What are you going to be doing in like 20 minutes,?" I replied, "I'm  going to be in Sacrament meeting with you."  He  quickly responded, "Oh you are? Well, since you are going to be there anyway,  you wouldn't mind speaking, would you?"  One of the youth didn't show up to church, so I spoke in that first 5 minutes slot.  I talked about the Holy Ghost and I shared the experience with you and us at the bank.  It was cool!  Then after church the Primary President came up to me and told me the kids all loved my talk.  Todays lesson was on the Holy Ghost in Primary and whenever she finished teaching something they would say "like Elder Akina's Mom!"  I laughed, it was awesome!

Flying Kites!
     Oh yeah - -  here in brazil everybody flies kites, but like competitively!  The string you use, has like fiber glass in it, so you can cut other peoples kites - -  its' super fun!   We flew kites last p day and we're doing it again today. 
 
Davie & Jessica + their Ohana.  Love this family!
 
Helping fix a members roof.
Pray for our families!  Will send pics, tchau. love u Elder Akina