Elder Akina

Elder Akina

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week #43 Maria Eduarda & Elder Costa

Hi Mama,
     We baptized Maria Eduarda this week, she is eleven (the same age you were, when you got baptized) and she was such a blessing.  Her family will be baptized this week, she is a great example to them.  She was a referral, from a member.  We messed up big time yesterday though - - we got to church early to fill up the font.  By the end of the second hour of church it was full - - so my companion shut it off, but he didn't turn the nob all the way.  When we came out of priesthood, the girls bathroom was flooded, and part of the hallway.... good thing it's all tile. 
Maria Eduarda Baptism August 9, 2015
     I did not get your box;/ it is sitting in the mission office :/  It has been paid for and everything, it should've been there at the mission tour, but President didn't want any mail there because President Costa was there and all that. No distractions.
     Mission tour was sick!  President Costa has the most time in the First Quorum of the Seventy, everyone says he is going to be the next Apostle. He talked for 4 hours straight.  He had prepared something but he got to the pulpit and said the spirit was telling him he needed to talk about something else.  So he talked the 4 hours not using anything, like a paper or anything!  He was walking around the whole chapel, even in between the pews, it was super good!  He talked about contacts, how to mark Family Home Evenings with people, like a bunch of stuff.  
     My companion was one of the 5 missionaries in our mission that got chosen to be interviewed by him.  He didn't tell me what happened - - all I know is that he changed, a lot. He's working hard, being more obedient, and because of that we were blessed with a baptism. It was a good week.
     I am super pumped for Braxton!  I have to wait until next week to find out where he is going - - painful!
     Oh I got the in country shipped box, I didn't know where Sister Jackson lived.  It said it came from Florianópolis, that's like one of the sickest places in Brazil!  Thank you for the new shoes - - much needed.   I loved the new ties, I had to fight my whole district off of them.  
Elder Beaton teaching English class.

We're ready to hit it hard this week again. Love you guys - - Elder Akina